Recipes for Home
Hot Matcha Latte
Matcha lattes are an increasingly popular beverage that can be enjoyed at home and adapted according to your desired milk or level of sweetness.
To prepare your own matcha latte at home, you will need:
- Culinary grade matcha
- 80-90°C water
- Milk of choice (e.g. full cream cow’s milk, soy milk, almond milk)
- Sweetener of choice (e.g. sugar syrup, coconut sugar, honey)
- Scoop and sift a teaspoon of matcha powder into a cup. This amount will depend on how strong you want the flavor to be.
- Pour some hot water over the powder to dissolve, stir and make a little paste. Ensure that there are no clumps in the mixture.
- Stir in your sweetener of choice into your paste.
- Steam or heat some hot milk and pour into the mixture.
Optional: sprinkle some matcha powder or cinnamon on top.